- How to Setup the Checkbook feature [VIDEO]
- How to Setup the Bank Account List [Video]
- How to Setup the Internal Account List [Video]
- How to Setup the Expense Account List [Video]
- How to Setup the Payee List [Video]
- How to Add or Delete Bank Accounts, including Checking, Savings, CD, or Money Market Accounts
- How to Add, Edit or Delete Internal Accounts or Categories
- How to Enter Starting Balances for Bank or Internal Accounts
- How to Add, Edit or Delete an Expense Category or Group
- How to Add, Edit or Delete Expense Accounts
- How do I sort or change the order of the bank, expense or internal accounts?
- How to Setup/Change Budgets
- How to Add, Edit or Delete Payees?
- What is the difference between Expense Accounts and Internal Accounts and how should they work?
- How to change the way NEGATIVE numbers are displayed
- How to change Fiscal Year Start or End dates
- How to Setup Checks for Printing
- How to Post/Record Checks [VIDEO]
- How to Post/Record a Check [TEXT]
- What is an E-Payment (or EFT Check)?
- How to Void a check
- How to Edit a voided check
- How to print checks or stubs for E-Payments
- How does the Schedule work?
- How can I stop the schedule screen from opening every time I open the checkbook?
- What internal account should I use when writing a check?
- How do I change a regular Check to an E-Check or an E-Check to a Check?
- A check was lost, voided, uncashed or never cleared the bank. How do I process or clear this old check?
- How do I replace or reissue a lost check?
- What Blank Check Style/Format is best for printing?
- I have a credit on a credit card for something we returned. How do I record that on my check?
- How do I combine duplicate payees?
- I have a credit card bill but I don't want to pay the entire amount. How do I charge the expense accounts?
- I am trying to save a check by clicking the SAVE CHANGES button but I cannot click it because it is disabled, what am I doing wrong?
- We have a credit from NPH which is being applied to the next bill. The new invoice is for a different expense line or department. How do I show the expense on the correct line?
- I can not type in amounts on a check/deposit. What do I need to do?
- How to Post/Record Deposits [VIDEO]
- How to Post/Record a Deposit [TEXT]
- How to post Deposits for On-line Donations/Contributions
- How to use the Auto-Post Deposit feature
- How to Edit/Correct a Deposit Entry
- How to Post/Record Interest
- How do I handle online contributions where the church is charged a fee?
- My deposits are not going into the correct internal account. How can I fix this?
- How do I link Contribution Funds to Internal Accounts / Checkbook?
- How do I remove contribution lines that I don't want on a deposit when I am using the Auto-Post Deposit feature?
- How to deposit loan or insurance claim proceeds without increasing Income
- How do I deposit a refund?
- We received a contribution check that was returned for insufficient funds. How do I record this?
- I deposited money into the wrong internal account. How do I move the money into the correct account?
Adjustments and Misc. Charges
- How do I post a Bank Service Charge or Fee?
- What is an expense adjustment and how do I use it?
- What is an income adjustment and how do I use it?
- I have charged an expense to the wrong expense category or account. How can I move that amount to the correct account without editing multiple transactions?
- Why is money added to my checking account instead of subtracted when I enter an expense adjustment?
Bank and Internal Accounts
- How do I transfer money from one Bank Account to another?
- How do I transfer money from one Internal Account to another?
- How do I keep track of designated funds?
- How do I reconcile the checkbook?
- Why do the bank account and reconciled balances not match?
- How do I print my checkbook register / ledger?
- How can I print a list of unreconciled bank transactions?
- What is an Internal Account? What do Internal Accounts represent? Here is an in-depth look at internal accounts.
- How do I zero out Internal Accounts with negative balances?
- We are closing our checking/savings accounts at one bank and opening up new accounts at a different bank. How do we do handle that change?
- It is the end of my fiscal year but my In/Out account is not zero. How do I adjust my In/Out account?
- How do I make last year's ending balance equal this year's starting balance?
- How do I switch between different bank accounts?
- I am in the Bank/Internal Acct. Lists Setup and I cannot get back to my checkbook. There is a "Warning" message and I do not know how correct the balances. What do I need to do?
- Can I delete internal categories and/or accounts without affecting prior years?
- What are Expense Categories, Groups and Accounts and how should I setup the accounts? How many expense accounts should I have?
- Can I add expense accounts while I am posting a new transaction?
- How do I print out a list of my expense accounts and/or budgets?
- How to use the Expense Planner to plan Budgets for Next Year
- When trying to move an account, the message "Account cannot be moved to a different group since the Transaction list is not empty" appears. How can I move the account?
- We have a budget for savings or money we are putting aside. How do we transfer the funds such that it appears as an expense against our budget?
- Can I delete expense categories and/or accounts without affecting prior years?
- How do I delete a duplicate expense account?
- How do I start a new fiscal year?
- Change Fiscal Year Error: The Bank Account has unreconciled transactions in the ##/## fiscal year. Changing the year without reconciling these old transactions will result in incorrect reconciliation in the ##/## year. Do you still want to continue?'
- To handle uncleared/unreconciled transactions that have been lost, were erroneously posted or will never clear
- I have started a new fiscal year, but I need to finish paying for the prior year's allocations. How do I record this in NTS?
- How to plan Expense Budgets for next Fiscal Year
- Our district has changed our fiscal year. How do I adjust for this in NTS?
- I created a new fiscal year but my transaction register is blank. How do I get my register back?
- I started a new fiscal year, but the bank and/or internal account starting balances are not the same as the prior year ending balances. How do I correct this problem?
- Checkbook Error: Some transactions are posted outside of the Fiscal Year Start/End dates
- How to change Fiscal Years. (view different Fiscal Year)
- I have posted transactions into the wrong fiscal year. How do I transfer them to the correct year?
- There are problems with our books and I want to start the fiscal year over with a blank slate. How do I do that?
- How to SETUP a New Loan
- How to ADJUST an existing Loan Balance
- How to LINK Expense Accounts to a Loan
- How do I handle an In and Out transaction?
- How do I post bills that I pay using online banking or automatic
How do I post debit card transactions?
- What is the best way track petty cash funds and expenses?
- When I try to enter a transaction, the date changes after I have set the date. How do I get the date to be correct?
- How do I edit a transaction that has already been posted?
- How do I delete a transaction?
- What is the Transfer entry used for?
- How can I search through my transactions?
- What does a flashing red box or amount on my checkbook screen indicate?
- Checkbook Keyboard Shortcuts
- How do I keep track of designated funds?
- How do use the new Calendar?
- Can I edit a payee from the checkbook register?
- How do I use the Transaction Recall feature?
- Can I view the balance of my Expense or Internal Accounts without going to a report?
- How do I print a list of payees?
- What is the balance alarm and can it be turned off?
- Can I change the size of the font on the screen?
- What are the filters on the Checkbook register?
- How do I print envelopes or mailing labels?
- Checkbook Error: #XXXX already exists!
- No payments have been posted to the loan screen since I started the new fiscal year. How do I get my payments to show?
- I am trying to copy the previous year or default list but it says X # of transactions exist. What do I need to do?
- The church gives the NYI a check for a set amount of money each month, which they spend as they see fit. They have their own bank account that I do not keep track of. How do I record this in NTS?