- How do I add or delete Bank Accounts, including Checking, Savings, CD, or Money Market Accounts?
- How do I add, edit or delete Internal Accounts or Categories?
- Where do I enter in starting balances for my bank and internal accounts?
- How do I add, edit or delete an Expense Category or Group
- How do I add, edit or delete Expense Accounts?
- How do I sort or change the order of the bank, expense or internal accounts?
- How do I setup / change budgets?
- How do I add, edit or delete payees?
- What is the difference between expense accounts and internal accounts and how should they work?
- How do I set the way negative numbers are displayed?
- How do I change my fiscal year Start or End dates?
- How do I setup checks for printing?
- How do I enter a Check?
- What is an E-Check (or EFT Check)?
- How do I a void a check?
- How do I edit a voided check?
- How do I print checks or stubs for e-checks?
- How does the Schedule work?
- How can I stop the schedule screen from opening every time I open the checkbook?
- What internal account should I use when writing a check?
- How do I change a regular Check to an E-Check or an E-Check to a Check?
- A check was lost, voided, or never cashed. How do enter an adjustment entry to put the money back into my bank account?
- How do I replace or reissue a lost check?
- What checks do you recommend for printing?
- I have a credit on a credit card for something we returned. How do I record that on my check?
- How do I combine duplicate payees?
- I have a credit card bill but I don't want to pay the entire amount. How do I charge the expense accounts?
- I am trying to save a check by clicking the SAVE CHANGES button but I cannot click it because it is disabled, what am I doing wrong?
- We have a credit from NPH which is being applied to the next bill. The new invoice is for a different expense line or department. How do I show the expense on the correct line?
- I can not type in amounts on a check/deposit. What do I need to do?
- How do I enter a Deposit?
- How do I use the Auto-Post Deposit?
- How do I post a deposit correction?
- How do I post interest?
- How do I handle online contributions where the church is charged a fee?
- My deposits are not going into the correct internal account. How can I fix this?
- How do I remove contribution lines that I don't want on a deposit when I am using the Auto-Post Deposit feature?
- How do I deposit money received from a loan or insurance claim?
- How do I deposit a refund check?
- We received a contribution check that was returned for insufficient funds. How do I record this?
- I deposited money into the wrong internal account. How do I move the money into the correct account?
Adjustments and Misc. Charges
- How do I post a Bank Service Charge or Fee?
- What is an expense adjustment and how do I use it?
- What is an income adjustment and how do I use it?
- I have charged an expense to the wrong expense category or account. How can I move that amount to the correct account without editing multiple transactions?
- Why is money added to my checking account instead of subtracted when I enter an expense adjustment?
Bank and Internal Accounts
- How do I transfer money from one Bank Account to another?
- How do I transfer money from one Internal Account to another?
- How do I keep track of designated funds?
- How do I reconcile the checkbook?
- How do I print my checkbook register / ledger?
- How can I print a list of unreconciled bank transactions?
- What is an Internal Account? What do Internal Accounts represent? Here is an in-depth look at internal accounts.
- How do I zero out Internal Accounts with negative balances?
- We are closing our checking/savings accounts at one bank and opening up new accounts at a different bank. How do we do handle that change?
- It is the end of my fiscal year but my In/Out account is not zero. How do I adjust my In/Out account?
- How do I make last year's ending balance equal this year's starting balance?
- How do I switch between different bank accounts?
- I am in the Bank/Internal Acct. Lists Setup and I cannot get back to my checkbook. There is a "Warning" message and I do not know how correct the balances. What do I need to do?
- Can I delete internal categories and/or accounts without affecting prior years?
- What are Expense Categories, Groups and Accounts and how should I setup the accounts? How many expense accounts should I have?
- Can I add expense accounts while I am posting a new transaction?
- How do I print out a list of my expense accounts and/or budgets?
- How do I print a Budget Planning Report?
- When trying to move an account, the message "Account cannot be moved to a different group since the Transaction list is not empty" appears. How can I move the account?
- Can I delete expense categories and/or accounts without affecting prior years?
- How do I start a new fiscal year?
- Change Fiscal Year Error: The Bank Account has unreconciled transactions in the ##/## fiscal year. Changing the year without reconciling these old transactions will result in incorrect reconciliation in the ##/## year. Do you still want to continue?'
- I have started a new fiscal year, but I need to finish paying for the prior year's allocations. How do I record this in NTS?
- Our district has changed our fiscal year. How do I adjust for this in NTS?
- I started a new fiscal year, but the bank and/or internal account starting balances are not the same as the prior year ending balances. How do I correct this problem?
- Checkbook Error: Some transactions are posted outside of the Fiscal Year Start/End dates
- How do I change from one fiscal year to another?
- I have posted transactions into the wrong fiscal year. How do I transfer them to the correct year?
- There are problems with our books and I want to start the fiscal year over with a blank slate. How do I do that?
- How do I handle an In and Out transaction?
- How do I post bills that I pay using online banking or automatic
How do I post debit card transactions?
- What is the best way track petty cash funds and expenses?
- When I try to enter a transaction, the date changes after I have set the date. How do I get the date to be correct?
- How do I edit a transaction that has already been posted?
- How do I delete a transaction?
- What is the Transfer entry used for?
- How can I search through my transactions?
- What does a flashing red box or amount on my checkbook screen indicate?
- Checkbook Keyboard Shortcuts
- How do I setup a new loan?
- How do I keep track of designated funds?
- Can I edit a payee from the checkbook register?
- How do I use the Transaction Recall feature?
- Can I view the balance of my Expense or Internal Accounts without going to a report?
- How do I print a list of payees?
- What is the balance alarm and can it be turned off?
- Can I change the size of the font on the screen?
- What are the filters on the Checkbook register?
- How do I print envelopes or mailing labels?
- Checkbook Error: #XXXX already exists!
- No payments have been posted to the loan screen since I started the new fiscal year. How do I get my payments to show?
- I am trying to copy the previous year or default list but it says X # of transactions exist. What do I need to do?
- The church gives the NYI a check for a set amount of money each month, which they spend as they see fit. They have their own bank account that I do not keep track of. How do I record this in NTS?