- From the checkbook screen, click on the Deposit button or press the letter D.
- Verify the date is correct in the Date box. To change the date, click on the date and select the correct date from the calendar. Optionally, use the Quick Date Change keyboard shortcut.
- Optional: If this is a reoccurring deposit, use the recall deposit feature to quickly fill out the check. After using the recall feature, skip to step 9.
- Press Enter or Tab on the keyboard, which will put the curser into the Amount box. In the "$$" box, type in the amount of the full deposit and then press Enter. After pressing Enter, the focus will move to the first line of the Transaction Detail. The transaction detail is where the Department or Fund that the money will be deposited into is selected.
- To enter a comment, click the Left Arrow button on the keyboard, or click inside the Comment box. Type in the comment and press Enter.
- Select the Internal Category and Account where the money will be deposited and press Enter or Tab after making each selection.
- Type in the portion of the deposit that is to be deposited into this account or fund. If the entire deposit is going into one account, press the Space Bar or double click inside the amount box to automatically fill in the amount.
- To add additional lines for other accounts, press Enter after typing in the first amount. A new line will be added to the deposit. Repeat steps 4 through 6 for each additional line on the deposit. On the last line of the deposit, double click or press the space bar to fill in the final amount. If delete the line that has been entered, click the Cancel or Delete button in the bottom right corner.
- After entering the amount on the last line, press Enter. The individual lines in the transaction detail should add up to the amount of the full deposit. Click the Save Changes button or press Enter to save the deposit.
To cancel the deposit, click the Cancel Changes button or press the Escape (Esc) key.
If you record individual contributions in NTS, see the Auto-Post Deposit link below for a faster way to post the deposit for tithes and offerings.
Please see the link below for instructions on depositing money for an In/Out transaction. In/Out transactions include, but are not limited to, refund checks, loans and reimbursements for book purchases.