Periodic Financial (Monthly Board) Report
- How can I customize and print the Periodic Financial Report?
- There is an amount on my report I don't understand. How can I find out more about the amount in question? (Detail Boxes)
- The income for contributions, deposits, internal accounts, annual report and/or allocation report doesn't match. Where is the problem?
- Do you or your church board need help understanding the Periodic Financial Report? See this page for a thorough explanation of each section of the report.
- The Full Periodic Financial Report is more than my church board needs. Is there any way to simplify the report?
- My periodic financial report is showing incorrect numbers. How do I find the problem?
- I have setup a fund in Contributions and a corresponding Internal Account. But when I go to the financial report, my deposit is showing the income in a different internal account. How do I correct this situation?
- Why do I have a positive amount in the paid out column on the periodic financial report?
- Why is the amount on an expense account line being added to the budget?
- I have setup a budget for Federal and/or State taxes. Why after writing payroll checks is my report adding the taxes to the budget instead of subtracting?
- How do I excluded expenses from the budget calculations that should not be counted against the budget?
- We have a budget for savings or money we are putting aside. How do we transfer the funds such that it appears as an expense against our budget?
- I can only see the Bank Accounts section of the report on my screen. How do I view the other sections of the report?
- Why is my periodic financial report showing a negative amount on an expense account line?
- My Periodic Financial Report is showing more contributions than income or more income than contributions. The amount is approximately equal to one Sunday's offering. What could be causing the discrepancy?
Statement of Activities
- How do I view and print the Statement of Activities report (also known at the Income Statement)?
- How can I customize the Statement of Activities report?
- The income and/or expense on the Periodic Financial Report doesn't match the Statement of Activies. Why is there a difference?
- How do I setup the Allocation Report?
- How do I read and use the Allocation report?
How does the Allocation Report calculate amounts due?
- The allocation report is not reporting the correct amount paid. How do I correct the amounts paid?
- Our church will be paying more than 5.5% for WEF. How do I account for this so that the Allocation Report shows the correct amount to pay for all the other allocations?
- There is money that should not be included in income (in/out, Rent, etc). How do I keep non-income money out of the allocation calculations?
- How do I setup Mission Special Exemptions on the Allocation Report?
- We will be paying a 10% Mission Special. How do I account for this so that the Allocation Report shows the extra exemption for the Mission Special offering?
- How does NTS calculate income?
- I have started a new fiscal year, but I need to finish paying for the prior year's allocations. How do I record this in NTS?
- Why is there a difference between the allocation amount calculated by NTS for Pensions and Benefits and the amount on FundingTheMission.org?
- How does NTS account for Mission Specials? I have taken up and posted a 10% Approved Special offering but it is not appearing on the Allocation Report under Mission Specials.
- How does the allocation report calculate exemptions?
- Our district percentage is different from what the report shows. How can I change the percentage?
- Can I write the check for my allocations and view the Allocation Report at the same time?
- How do I view and print the Pastor's Annual Report?
- An alert on the Annual Report says there are unlinked accounts. How can I link the unlinked accounts?
- How do I find out where my expenses should go on the Annual Report or Financial Summary?
- How do I setup and customize the Annual Report?
- How do I change the value of the church properties on the Annual Report?
- The amount paid or amount due for Allocations on the Annual Report is not correct.
- I have budgets / expenses that are not showing on the Annual Report. How can I correct the problem?
- There is an expense account that is on the wrong line of the Annual Report. How do I move the expense to the correct line?
- How does NTS calculate income?
- My Annual Report is not showing the correct dates. How do I correct the date range?
- I need to post a budget payment for the fiscal year that has already ended. How do I post the payment so that it will appear on last year's reports?
- How do I report contributions that were not given directly to the church but count towards 10% Missions Specials on the Annual Report?
- Can I post checks for WEF or other allocations in this year and have them apply to the previous / next fiscal year?
- Can I run the Annual Report mid way through the year to make sure it is calculating correctly?
Transaction Detail Report
- How do I view and customize the Transaction Detail Report?
- Can I get totals for the Transaction Detail Report?
- My Transaction Detail Report is printing in small print. What can I do to increase the size of the text on the report?
- Why is the Transaction Detail Report not showing all transactions over a given date range?
Bank Transaction Report
- What is the Bank Transaction Report and how can I customize it?
- How do I print my checkbook register / ledger?
- What does the total at the end of the Bank Transaction Report represent?
- How can I print a list of unreconciled bank transactions?
- How do I print the Bank Transactions Report without the transaction detail?
- How do I reconcile the checkbook? (Reconciliation Report)
- How do I reconcile my statement when I have transactions in two different fiscal years?
- The previous balance is wrong on the Reconciliation Report. The ending balance is correct on the previous report, but it doesn't carry over to the next statement. How do I correct the previous balance?
- How do I unreconcile a transaction?
- I need to create a reconciliation report for a prior month or year but I get message that I can't because a report with a later date already exists. How can I create the report?
- How can I change the date on an existing Reconciliation Report?
- How do I correct or repair an old reconciliation report?
Other Reports and Misc. Questions
- What is the History Log?
- How can I search through the History Log?
- How can I create an electronic copy of a report or document that can be saved or sent by email?
- How do I print a Budget Planning Report?
- How can I create an itemized report for a specific department?
- How do I use the Graph Report?
- How do I export reports to another program?
- Can the Transaction Detail Report have a calendar year date range or span more than one fiscal year?
- Does NTS have a balance sheet?