How do I fix a tax withholding, deduction or benefit that is posted into the wrong expense/internal account?

This is a two step process to correct the problem. The payroll setup will need to be corrected and then any checks that have already been generated will need to be changed. To change the payroll setup, see one of the links below:

To change the base pay accounts see: Setup Basic Employee Information

To change tax accounts see: Setup Tax Withholdings

To change deductions or benefits accounts see: Setup Deductions/Benefits

See How do I edit old payroll checks? to correct any existing checks with the wrong accounts.