You will need to obtain or print the 944 Form. Once you have the form, the form can be placed into your printer and NTS will print onto the form. NTS does not print the actual form. Forms can be ordered free of charge from the IRS by calling 1-800-829-3676 or by going to the IRS Online Order page.
The form can also be printed from the IRS web site. Be sure to follow the instructions below if you are printing the form off of the IRS web site.
Once you have the form, see Printing Data onto Form 944 below.
Printing Form 944 from the IRS web site
- Go to the IRS web site Form 944, Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return.
- Under Current Products, click the Form 944 link.
- Save the form to your computer or open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you saved the file, open the saved file in Acrobat Reader.
Now you will print the form. The form has a front and back so will likely need to print page one
first and then put the form back in your printer to print page 2. After clicking the print
button, make sure the following options are selected on the printer dialog window. Depending on
what version of Acrobat Reader your have, in the Print dialog box either:
- Set Size Options to Actual Size.
- Set Page Scaling to none and make sure the Auto-Rotate and Center box is NOT checked.
- Once the front and the back of the form are printed, see the instructions below to print the information onto the form.
Printing Data onto Form 944
- From the Payroll screen, click on and then 944 Report.
- Verify that all amounts are correct. Boxes 1, 2, 4a, 4c and 13a - 13l have detail boxes or the drill down accounting feature. Double click inside the box to see the list of entries that make up the figure.
- Make any changes necessary. You can type over any amount on the form, except box 13m. Highlight any number you want to change and type in the correct number. NOTE: Changing this form will not change any entries in NTS. The changes you make to the form are NOT saved when you exit the form.
- To print the form, click the button.
- Select IRS Cat# 39316N from the 944 Type box. See the illustration below to see how to change the Form Type.
- Place the 944 Form into your printer. NTS will print the information on the form but will not print the form itself.
- Click the button to print page 1 of the report.
- Click the Exit button or press Esc to close the print screen. A message will appear asking if you want to print page 2 of the Form. Click Yes to print the back of the form. This will take you back to the print setup page.
- Select the Form Type IRS Cat# 39316N.
- Place the form in your printer and click the button to print page 2.
IMPORTANT: Print and keep paper copies of ALL forms filed with the IRS. You may not be able to re-print these forms from NTS at a later date.