- From the Payroll screen, click on and then 941 Report.
- Select either the first, second, third or forth quarter in the quarter box at the top of the report screen. Based on the current date, NTS will pick a quarter to view automatically. In many cases, you will not need to change this setting.
- Verify that all amounts are correct. Boxes 2, 3, 5a, 5c, Month 1, Month 2 and Month 3 have detail boxes or the drill down accounting feature. Double click inside the box to see the list of entries that make up the figure.
- Make any changes necessary. You can type over any amount on the form. Highlight any number you want to change and type in the correct number. NOTE: Changing this form will not change any entries in NTS. The changes you make to the form are NOT saved when you exit the form.
To Print Form 941:
- Click the button and then click OK. Page 1 will print.
- When prompted, place page 1 back into the printer so that page 2 can be printed on the back side.
- if necessary, click OK when prompted to print Form 941-V, Payment Voucher. Another dialog box will appear asking you to enter the amount of your 941 payment. Enter the amount and then click OK to print the form.
For additional instructions for Form 941, please see the IRS Form 941 Instructions.
Privacy Act and Paperwork Reduction Act Notice.
We ask for the information on Form 941 to carry out the Internal Revenue laws of the United States. We need it to figure and collect the right amount of tax. Subtitle C, Employment Taxes, of the Internal Revenue Code imposes employment taxes on wages and provides for income tax withholding. Form 941 is used to determine the amount of taxes that you owe. Section 6011 requires you to provide the requested information if the tax is applicable to you. Section 6109 requires you to provide your identification number. If you fail to provide this information in a timely manner, or provide false or fraudulent information, you may be subject to penalties.
You're not required to provide the information requested on a form that is subject to the Paperwork Reduction Act unless the form displays a valid OMB control number. Books and records relating to a form or its instructions must be retained as long as their contents may become material in the administration of any Internal Revenue law.
Generally, tax returns and return information are confidential, as required by section 6103. However, section 6103 allows or requires the IRS to disclose or give the information shown on your tax return to others as described in the Code. For example, we may disclose your tax information to the Department of Justice for civil and criminal litigation, and to cities, states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. commonwealths and possessions for use in administering their tax laws. We may also disclose this information to other countries under a tax treaty, to federal and state agencies to enforce federal nontax criminal laws, or to federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies to combat terrorism.
The time needed to complete and file Form 941 will vary depending on individual circumstances. The estimated average time is: Recordkeeping — 13 hr., 52 min., Learning about the law or the form — 47 min., Preparing, copying, assembling, and sending the form to the IRS — 1 hr., 3 min.
If you have comments concerning the accuracy of these time estimates or suggestions for making Form 941 simpler, we would be happy to hear from you. You can send us comments from www.irs.gov/FormComments. Or you can send your comments to Internal Revenue Service, Tax Forms and Publications Division, 1111 Constitution Ave. NW, IR-6526, Washington, DC 20224. Don't send Form 941 to this address. Instead, see Where Should You File? in the Instructions for Form 941.