The Add Deduction/Benefit feature allows you to add the deduction or benefit after a check has been generated. This can be useful for adding a one-time deduction or benefit that does not apply to every check.
- Generate the employee's paycheck as you normally would.
- Click the Add button to the left the Deductions and Benefits on the paycheck. See the illustration below. A box will appear which will allow you to add the deduction or benefit.
- Select the deduction or benefit you want to add in the drop down menu box.
- Click the "Add this Deduction/Benefit" button to add the deduction or click the 'X' button in the upper left corner to Cancel.
- The new deduction or benefit will appear in the Deductions/Benefits box. Click inside the Before or After Tax box and type in the amount of the benefit or deduction. Remember, a deduction must be entered in as a negative number, example: -100.00
- When you click inside one of the amount boxes, a box will appear which will allow you to change the Internal and/or expense accounts. Check the to make sure the correct accounts are selected. Make any changes necessary.
NOTE: For a pastor's quarterly Social Security Benefit, you will select Before-Tax. See the example below.