If checks have only been posted to one of the payees, then simply delete the payee that has not been used. This applies to the current fiscal year. If transaction have been posted to both payees in the current fiscal year, then do the following:
- From the Checkbook screen, click on Setup and then Payee list.
- Find the first payee and put type in a '#1' at the end of the payee name. Find the duplicate payee that you want to delete and type in a '#2' at the end of that payee's name. This will allow us to distinguish between the two.
- Go back to the Checkbook screen and find a check that has payee #2.
- Click the Edit button and change the Payee from #2 to #1.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for every check that shows payee #2.
- Return to the Payee Setup. Delete payee #2 and take off the '#1' from the other payee's name.